Wednesday 8 May 2013

Shall we dance?

“Dance is the hidden language of the soul”
― Martha Graham


Many people consider dance as a hobby but to others it takes place a big role in their lives. A mechanical engineer by qualification, I developed a great passion for professional dancing nearly 3 years ago. Dance has not only helped me harness my creativity but has also helped develop and understand my own abilities as an individual. I have performed 7 professional stage shows until now apart from various free lance performances at community centers including old homes and retirement centers. My very recent co op term as a marketing manager for an upcoming dance group and studio helped connect my passion for dancing along with my current academic studies as a marketing student. 




There are very many different styles of dance but my personal areas of strength are Bollywood and locking popping.Bollywood is a mixture of numerous styles. These styles include belly-dancing, kathak, Indian folk, Western popular, and "modern", jazz, and even Western erotic dancing.In the strict sense the term "Bollywood" refers  to the Hindi culture, art, and film industry from Bombay. Popping and Locking is a time-honored breakdance art, and is considered as one of the definitive expressions in Hip Hop. It involves various involuntary  and violent rapid fire body contortions.

3 comments:

  1. Post 1 done - now on to the other 3, which will demonstrate that you understand how to use hyperlinks in blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I didn't know you liked to dance, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete